The PROVINCIAL ASSOCIATION of RESORT COMMUNITIES of SASKATCHEWAN (PARCS) began as a working group who recognized the need for a collective voice for issues relating specifically to Saskatchewan cottage communities. In 1986 we gained our official status and our current name. PARCS has hosted an annual general meeting every year since 1987 (two of them virtual) and recently hosted their 2022 convention virtually.
PARCS IS SO PLEASED TO INVITE YOU TO ATTEND OUR FIRST FACE-TO-FACE CONVENTION SINCE BEFORE COVID. OUR 2-DAY CONVENTION WILL BE HELD IN THE HILTON GARDEN INN IN SASKATOON ON FRIDAY, OCT. 13 & SAT., OCT. 14.
FRIDAY AFTERNOON SESSIONS
- For RMs and OHs: Parcs is pleased to welcome Andrea Ulrich, Saskatchewan's Director of Legislation and Regulations, who will be on hand to explain the many new regulations that will govern HOW RMs and OHs WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK TOGETHER going forward.
- For Resort Villages: PARCS President, Garry Dixon will describe at least five (perhaps more) issues that can lead to the dissolution of a resort village.
- On behalf of every cottage community that wants to keep their lake waters free from a zebra mussel infestation, we welcome our province's Coordinator of Aquatic Invasive Species, Jeri Geiger.
SATURDAY MORNING SESSIONS
- We are very proud to have Dr. Peter Leavitt from the University of Regina, who has become well known for his environmental position and his advice about how to protect our lake waters.
- We are equally proud of our invited panel of local environmentalists (including Chuck Deschamps from Ducks Unlimited, Aura Lee MacPherson, chair of the Calling Lakes Ecomuseum, and Alice Davies, former watershed manager) who have agreed to offer their insights about what is needed to maintain healthy lakes.
- Saturday afternoon will include regional meetings followed by PARCS 2023 Annual Meeting reports and elections.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR CONVENTION
- To reserve a room for Friday, Oct. 13, phone the Hilton Garden Reservation desk at 306-244-2311. (The convention does not begin until 1:15 pm on Friday, to allow time for travel to Saskatoon, for registration at the hotel, and for your own lunch arrangements.)
To register for convention, complete the following Registration Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Form for PARCS Convention
Name of attendee: _________________________________
Phone Number: ____________________________________
Fees enclosed (check one, enclose a cheque):
___ $250 per member
___ $300 per non-member
Mail this form and a cheque to PARCS at:
PARCS (Attn: Lynne Saas)
(#129) 425 4th Ave. NW
Moose Jaw, SK, S6H 8B7
QUESTIONS? Phone Lynne at 306-630-9698