The PROVINCIAL ASSOCIATION of RESORT COMMUNITIES of SASKATCHEWAN (PARCS) began as a working group who recognized the need for a collective voice for issues relating specifically to Saskatchewan cottage communities. In 1986 we gained our official status and our current name. PARCS has hosted an annual general meeting every year since 1987 (two of them virtual) and recently hosted their 2022 convention virtually.
PARCS CONVENTION 2022
On Friday, October 14, we hosted a 3-part informative convention with attendance as follows:
- 104 attendees at the WETLANDS TOMORROW 2-hour session heard from:
- Alice Davis (Lower Qu’Appelle Watershed Stewards)
- Dr. Peter Leavitt (U. of Regina)
- Helen Bauch & Colin Whitfield (Global Institute of Water Studies (U. of Sask.)
- Michael Champion (Duck Unlimited Saskatchewan)
- plus Shaun Jaques responded from of the Sask. Water Security Agency
- 46 attendees listened to the MEMBERS’ FAIR where delegates from 9 resort communities celebrated their recent achievements aimed at improving their communities.
- 68 attendees, mostly from Organized Hamlet cottage communities and their RMs, heard about a proposed new model for the working relationship between OHs and RMs, as described by Andrea Ulrich (Director of Legislation and Regulations) along with Tobi Duck (Advisory Services).